This Agreement was last modified on May 23, 2018.
What We Collect
Information You Provide to Us
Basic Account Information: When you sign up for our Product we ask for your email address, and a password. This information is used to provide you a unique, secure login for your account.
Service Based Information: During the use of our Site and/or Product you might voluntarily provide StratPack with other personal or business information in order to take advantage of the services our Site and/or Product makes available. For example, when using our Product’s messaging functionality you might opt to provide StratPack with information about your business features so it can be displayed on your messaging. Any personal or business information you decide to provide during the course of using our services is completely voluntary. If you choose not to provide personal information which is required for the functionality of a service it’s possible we might not be able to provide that service.
Billing Information: If you subscribe to our Product you will be asked to provide additional payment information (e.g. credit card information) that is required to process the transaction and your Product subscription payments. We use a trusted third-party service called Stripe to securely store and process billing information.
Information We Collect Automatically
- Log Information: Like most online service providers, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information.
- Usage Information: We collect information about your usage of our services. For example, to handle support in our Product we use a third-party service called Zopim that enables us to interact with our customers via chat and email. This third-party service collects information about how often our customers use our Product and which parts of our Product receive the most (and least) usage. We use this information to improve our existing services and to prioritize new features and services for the future. Another example is our use of Google Analytics on our Site, a third-party service that helps us monitor traffic patterns on our Site. We use this information to help us optimize the content and structure of our Site to be as useful as possible to our visitors.
- Location Information: We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and use this information to calculate how many people visit our Site and Product from certain geographic regions. This helps us prioritize and plan features to support different geographic locations.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may get information about you from sources outside of our Site or Product. For example, our Product may include the ability to integrate with third-party services. If you voluntarily choose to connect your StratPack account to a third-party service there might be information collected from the third-party service and stored in your StratPack account in order to facilitate the intended results of the integration.
How and Why We Use Information
Purposes for Using Information
We use information about you as mentioned above for the purposes listed below:
- To provide our services. For example, to set up, maintain, and backup your Product account, including providing the functionality of the features made available via our services (e.g. developing your marketing messaging, etc.).
- To further develop and improve our services. For example, by adding new features that we think our users will enjoy or will help them to have greater control over their business marketing.
- To monitor and analyze trends and better understand how users interact with our services, which helps us improve our services and make them easier to use.
- To measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising, and better understand user retention and churn. For example, we may analyze how many individuals purchased a plan after receiving a marketing message or the features used by those who continue to use our services after a certain length of time.
- To monitor and prevent any problems with our services, protect the security of our services, detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, fight spam, and protect the rights and property of StratPack and others, which may result in us declining a transaction or the use of our services.
- To communicate with you, for example through an email, about offers and promotions offered by StratPack and others we think will be of interest to you, request your feedback, instruct you on how to use the Product, or keep you up to date on StratPack and our services. We also use email to communicate Product notifications that affect your business. For example, you might receive an email notification when a client pays an invoice online, or when a project exceeds its budgeted number of hours. To unsubscribe from Product notifications please contact us.
- To personalize your experience using our services, target our marketing messages to groups of our users, and to promote features we feel are relevant based on usage information.
Legal Bases for Collecting and Using Information
Regarding EU data protection laws, our legal use of your information is based on the grounds that: (1) The use is necessary in order to fulfill our commitments to you under our Terms of Service or other agreements with you or is necessary to administer your account–for example, in order to enable access to our Product on your device or charge you for a paid plan; or (2) The use is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation; or (3) The use is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or those of another person; or (4) We have a legitimate interest in using your information–for example, to provide and update our services, to improve our services so that we can offer you an even better user experience, to safeguard our services, to communicate with you, and better understand user retention and attrition, to monitor and prevent any problems with our services, and to personalize your experience; or (5) You have given us your consent.
How We Share Information
We do not sell our users’ private personal information. We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
- Third Party Services: We may share information about you with third party services who need to know information about you in order to provide their services to us, or to provide their services to you. This group includes vendors that help us provide our services to you (like payment providers that process your credit and debit card information, fraud prevention services that allow us to analyze fraudulent payment transactions, email delivery services that help us stay in touch with you, customer chat and email support services that help us communicate with you), those that assist us with our marketing efforts (e.g. by providing tools for identifying a specific marketing target group or improving our marketing campaigns), and those that help us understand and enhance our services (like analytics providers). This also includes third party integrations you might voluntarily choose to connect your StratPack account to–information might be shared with the third party in order to facilitate the intended results of the integration.
- Legal Requests: We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request.
- With Your Consent: We may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction. For example, we may share your information with third party integrations with which you initiate.
We work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so, such as monitoring our services for potential vulnerabilities and attacks. Your online account for our Product is protected by your own email and password so we encourage you to keep your password private to reduce risks of unauthorized access to your account. StratPack uses SSL encryption for your Product account data and your credit card information (and any client payments you accept online) are handled securely using Stripe’s third-party payment processing.
We only retain personal information and business data for as long as necessary to provide a service, or to improve our services in the future. While we retain this data, we will protect it within commercially acceptable means to prevent loss and theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. That said, we advise that no method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure 100% of the time, and cannot guarantee absolute data security.
If you request your personal information be deleted, or where your personal information becomes no longer relevant to our operations, we will erase it from our system within a reasonable timeframe.
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
- Limit the Information that You Provide: If you have a Product account with us, you can choose not to provide the optional account information, profile information, and transaction and billing information. Please keep in mind that if you do not provide this information, certain features of our services may not be accessible.
- Opt-Out of Electronic Communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us. Just follow the instructions in those messages (e.g. clicking an “unsubscribe” link in an email). If you opt out of promotional messages, we may still send you other messages, like those about your account and legal notices.
- Close Your Account: If you no longer want to use our services you can close your account by contacting us directly.
If you are located in certain countries, including those that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), data protection laws give you rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
- Request access to your personal data.
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data.
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data.
- Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data.
- Request portability of your personal data.
You can usually access, correct, export, or delete your personal data using your account settings and tools that we offer, but if you aren’t able to do that, or you would like to contact us about one of the other rights, scroll down to How to Reach Us and get in touch. EU individuals also have the right to make a complaint to a government supervisory authority.
In short, we only work with partners, affiliates and third-party providers whose privacy policies align with ours, however we cannot accept responsibility or liability for their respective privacy practices.
Third Party Software
Our website may link to external sites that are not operated by us. Please be aware that we have no control over the content and policies of those sites, and cannot accept responsibility or liability for their respective privacy practices.
If you’d like to use third party integrations with StratPack, please keep in mind that when you interact with them you may provide information about yourself to those third parties. We don’t own or control these third parties and they have their own rules about collection, use and sharing of information, which you should review.
How to Reach Us
What Is a Cookie?
A cookie is a small piece of data that a website stores on your device when you visit, typically containing information about the website itself, a unique identifier that allows the site to recognize your web browser when you return, additional data that serves the purpose of the cookie, and the lifespan of the cookie itself.
Cookies are used to enable certain features (e.g. logging in), to track site usage (e.g. analytics), to store your user settings (e.g. timezone, notification preferences), and to personalize your content (e.g. advertising, language).
Cookies set by the website you are visiting are normally referred to as “first-party cookies,” and typically only track your activity on that particular site. Cookies set by other sites and companies (i.e. third parties) are called “third-party cookies,” and can be used to track you on other websites that use the same third-party service.
Types of Cookies and How We Use Them
Essential cookies are crucial to your experience of a website, enabling core features like user logins, account management, shopping carts and payment processing. At times we may use essential cookies to enable certain functions in our Product or Site.
Performance cookies are used in the tracking of how you use a website during your visit, without collecting personal information about you. Typically, this information is anonymous and aggregated with information tracked across all site users, to help companies understand visitor usage patterns, identify and diagnose problems or errors their users may encounter, and make better strategic decisions in improving their audience’s overall website experience. These cookies may be set by the website you’re visiting (first-party) or by third-party services. We may use performance cookies in our Product or Site.
Third-party cookies on our site
Our third-party privacy promise
We review the privacy policies of all our third-party providers before enlisting their services to ensure their practices align with ours. We will never knowingly include third-party services that compromise or violate the privacy of our users.
How you can control or opt out of cookies
If you browse websites from multiple devices, you may need to update your settings on each individual device.
Although some cookies can be blocked with little impact on your experience of a website, blocking all cookies may mean you are unable to access certain features and content across the sites you visit.